My name is Deanna Giovinazzo, De for short. I’m an undergraduate student in my third year studying 3D Digital Graphics at Rochester Institute of Technology.
How did I get here? My roots are in drawing and traditional art, which eventually gave way to my love for digital painting and environment concept art for video games. I have a bit of experience with a several programming languages, as well as a background in graphic and web design.
Where am I going? Right now I’m focused on designing environments and creating both hand-painted and procedural textures for games. My interests lie between artistic and technical crafts. I’m motivated by great storytelling and how it is visually manifested in the design of an environment. I love to adventure and explore new worlds. 3D graphics and games are media that make that possible.
I stay up late doing the work I love, and I drink more coffee than I’d like to admit. My ideal place is among team dedicated to making meaningful experiences and graphics that can be appreciated as works of art.
- Low poly modeling, creation of game engine ready assets, construction of environments with modular pieces
- Procedural texture map creation, node-based shading networks
- Hand texture painting custom and stylized maps
- High poly sculpting and retopology
- Object-oriented programming languages and node-based logic for game interactivity
- Traditional art background, digital painting and concept art
- Design background, front-end responsive web design, graphic design for print and web
May 2013 – Present
Buffalo State Asylum: A Reconstruction
Rochester, NY // Professor Lisa Hermsen
- Collaboration with a small team to recreate a 19th century insane asylum as a real-time, interactive 3D environment
- Low poly modeling, high – low poly sculpting and retopology workflow, procedural and hand-painted texturing, concept art
3D Artist, Web Designer
June 2013 – August 2013
Path Through History
- Worked among a team of designers and developers to create and brand an augmented reality mobile experience for 12 historical sites throughout the Finger Lakes Region of New York
- Created 3D assets for mobile, designed interactive augmented reality experiences for Metaio AR, collaborated with back-end web developer to design the web component of the mobile game
November 2012 – Present
School of Film and Animation
- Monitor and manage the network of computer systemsallocated to render jobs submitted to the Rochester Institute of Technology render farm.
- Reassign seeds to jobs, optimize packet size, help to diagnose and troubleshoot issues to ensure that the farm is working on jobs smoothly and evenly
- Autodesk Maya
- Unreal Development Kit
- Allegorithmic Substance Designer
- Metaio AR
- Muster Virtual Vertex
Art & Design
- Adobe [Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Dreamweaver, InDesign]
- Python & MEL Scripting